Timeslot: Saturday, 2:15 - 3:15 p.m.
This will be an introduction to Panopoly and distributions based on Panopoly (notably OpenAtrium). Panopoly is a very rich distribution, giving you a lot of tools out of the box that don't exist in a Drupal Core installation. On the other hand Panopolly (and particularly OpenAtrium) can be very confusing to a new user. We will do a quick trip through the features of Panopoly, concentrating on using them from a site builder perspective. This will not be a session about development for Panopoly, but aimed more toward the site builder or end user. Topics will include
- Drupal Distributions - whey they exist and how they are different than Drupal - some ideas on whether this is for you
- Why use Panopolly?
- A trip through what Panopoly gives you that Drupal does not
- Reasons to not use Panopoly
- Panelizer, panels, Stylizer - Oh My!
- Some caveats about upgrading in Panopoly (and OpenAtrium) - you're going to have to understand Features.
- Other distributions based on Panopoly, and what their strengths are - espeically why OpenAtrium is a special distribution
After the session you should be able to understand what Panopoly is, why you would use it, how to do basic configuration of Panopoly, and a lot of tips about using it in the real world.